Brave Journal Page

Hello again,

So it's been another busy crafty weekend for me - all the best weekends are crafty weekends though aren't they? For my second past of the day I wanted to share some journaling pages I made using the Ali Edwards Digital Story Kit from last month. I've just become a digital kit subscriber and I'm really enjoying the process so far. Since I live in the Uk it's much easier to subscribe to the digital kit. It's also encouraged me to start learning more about photoshop to really make the most of the products. I used the kit to make this two page spread in my Hobonichi A6. I hope you like it xx





It was really strange going through this process, knowing that I would be sharing the end product on my blog. Usually my Hobonichi is my private daily journal so sharing something so personal felt really daunting. It's somewhat ironic, given that the theme was bravery, that this would intimidate me so much but it really did. In the end I decided to share these to pages and keep the next page for some private journaling - I'm not ready to be that brave just yet!

Spotlight on using different adhesives to create dimension.

In this layout I used a combination of liquid glue, glue dots and foam tape to add dimension to my pages. It means that even though I'm printing and cutting each element onto white yardstick, I can still add interest by making each piece a different height off the page.

Of course, I also used 'real' embellishments such as the wooden ones pictures, to create further texture on the page.


These are all the products I used to create my pages:

  • Ali Edwards Digital Story Kit 'Brave'
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink 'Spiced Marmalade' & 'Mustard Seed'
  • Freckled Fawn enamel dots
  • Studio Calico wood veneer embellishments, various
  • Washi Tape, various including The Reset Girl & Freckled Fawn
  • Heeda diary stickers

2 comments