I Heard You Caught a Bug Card



Hi and welcome to my first post on this, my shiney new blog! To celebrate there's going to be posts-a-plenty this evening. I'm going to share 3 cards, 2 planner spreads and 1 journal entry to kick things off. Over the next week I'll be sharing a post about planners and planning every night. After that I'll be aiming for 1-2 posts per week and when I have time I'll post more often. 

Well, I've got lots to do so lets start things off with my first card which I made for the CASology: medicine challenge:




I love a cute image and bright colours but I tried to keep it CAS by choosing just my favourite bug from the Lawn Fawn Bugs & Kisses stamp set and trying to keep as much white space as possible. Hope you like it!


 Spotlight on stamping on acetate and creating your own sentiments.

I stamped the jar image onto clear acetate with Staz-on ink. It's difficult to capture on film but the different texture this brings to the card is lovely in real life.

I love the sentiments on the stamp set but they weren't quite what I was after for this challenge. I made my own using my vintage typewriter - I love how it turned out.

Here's a list of all the supplies I used for my card:
  • Neenah Solar White cardstock
  • Ranger watercolor cardstock
  • Stampin' Up Real Red cardstock
  • Clear Acetate
  • Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle dies
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink Salty Ocean
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink Vintage Photo
  • Memento Tuxedo Black dye ink
  • Versafine Black ink
  • Ranger Lily Pad dye ink
  • Lawn Fawn Bugs & Kisses stamp set
  • Cutterbee scissors
  • Copic Ciao markers
If you fancy joining in with the challenge then just click on the image below and it'll take you right to the challenge post:


2 comments

  1. What an adorable card! Love that little bug in a jar and the pieced sentiment! A perfect get well design!
    Thanks for joining us over at CASology!

    p.s. Love the clean look of your new blog! :)

    ReplyDelete