Meet the Planners

Morning everyone,

So for my first post on planning I thought I would tell you a bit about how I got into planners. I think it would be fair to say that I started young, getting my first filofax when I was 7 or 8 - it was a Funfax (anyone else remember those?). I must admitt I didn't really use it for planning much at that point - I mainly just liked playing with the stickers and collecting all the little books to insert. Obviously I'm much more mature about it all now - ahem!





So starting as young as I did, it's no surprising that I've collecting a fair number of planners in my time. After lots of trial and error I've settled on the few you see below to try and organise the the caos that is my life - with some success, although not a lot, sigh!


Starting in the top left corner and working clockwise, the planners I use are as follows:

1. Filofax A5 in Neon Pink: I use this planner for work. I use the rings to section off contacts, passwords for the various computer systems I have to use etc. I then have a Hobonichi Cousin Avec slipped into the back pocket which I use as a diary to keep track of where I need to be when and all the tasks I need to complete.

2. Hobonichi A6 Japanese Avec: I use this as my daily and creative journal. In previous years I've had the English version and , while I do miss being able to read the daily quotes, I really like no having to worry as much about my journal bulking up when I only have 6 months at a time in the cover - I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Hobonichi will eventually make an English Language version of the Avec so I can have the best of both worlds.

3. Kate Spade Wellesley in Ballet Slipper: This is my general daily planner. I use it to remind me on daily tasks outside of work, as well as on-call shifts. I use lots of stickers in this one, both functional and decorative, to keep me on-track.

4. Molang Diary: This is a really cute planner. It's Japanese and has lots of cute pictures of Molang the 'potato rabbit' on the inside. I use this to keep track of my savings and spending.

5. Pocket Travellers Notebook in Camel: I use this one to keep track of my weight loss. I've been following the Cambridge weight Plan for the last 54 days (yes, I know it to the day as I'm trying to complete a 100 day 100% challenge)

6. Filofax 'Cover Story' Personal: I use this to plan my creative endeavours. I started it originally to keep track of the deadlines for various card making competitions and now my blog is up and running I'll be using it to plan posts for that too.

Well, that's all for now. I'll be back later to share some more planning stuff. Have a good day xx




No comments